Construction at Paz de Cristo has begun and is expected to continue through November, 2019 .
The new, enclosed space will soon be air conditioned. It will be used for dinner every night of the year as well as new programs during the day.
During construction, dinner will be served at St. Vincent de Paul which is located one mile from Paz de Cristo. Volunteering for the evening meal will look a little bit different while construction is underway.
Volunteers for the Evening Meal service are reminded to
– Sign up on the Volunteer Calendar or confirm with your group coordinator that you are scheduled to serve,
– Plan to volunteer from 4 pm – 7:30 pm,
– Go directly to St. Vincent de Paul, 67 W Broadway Rd (at Broadway & McDonald), Mesa, Arizona, 85210. St. Vincent de Paul is located one mile east of Paz de Cristo,
– Carpool if possible as parking is limited,
– Prepare fruit salad, vegetable salads, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, bread & butter, deserts and drinks,
– Serve the meal and help clean up.
We are so grateful for you and very much appreciate your flexibility. Thanks to faithful volunteers like you, we have never missed an evening meal in more than more than thirty years. In fact, we all came together and adapted when the kitchen was closed due to the fire six years ago.
We are confident that we can easily adapt now too. Construction is expected to continue into November, 2019. Please watch for ongoing updates.
YOU make a real difference to people struggling with hunger, poverty and homelessness. We couldn’t serve dinner every night of the year without caring volunteers like you.
Changes to Services during Construction
– Gates at Paz de Cristo close at 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday.
– During construction, dinner will be served at St. Vincent de Paul which is located one mile east of Paz de Cristo. Go directly to St. Vincent de Paul, 67 W Broadway Rd (at Broadway & McDonald), Mesa, Arizona, 85210. St. Vincent de Paul will open for dinner each day at 4:30 pm.
– The evening meal will be served at St. Vincent de Paul until construction is completed in November, 2019.
– Personal mail can be picked up in the administrative office at Paz de Cristo from 11 am – 2 pm, Monday – Friday.
– The Resource Center with Navigators from Marc Community Resources closes at 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday. The last appointment begins at 4 pm each day.
All other services and programs will remain the same throughout construction. See a full schedule of services and programs.